- 1 Features of essential oil diffusers
- 2 Types of essential diffusers
- 3 Which is the best essential oil diffuser? – Reviews of top 9 oil diffusers
- 3.1 URPOWER 300ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser Ultrasonic Air Humidifier with AUTO Shut off and 6-7 HOURS Continuous Diffusing – 7 Color Changing LED: Understanding Essential Oil Diffusers
- 3.2 Radha Beauty Essential Oil Diffuser 7 colors
- 3.3 InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Ultrasonic Cool Mist Diffusers with 7 Color LED Lights Waterless Auto Shut-off, 200ml Wood Grain
- 3.4 VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser for Office Home Bedroom Living Room Study Yoga Spa – Wood Grain
- 3.5 Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser with Wood Grain and Beautiful Color Changing LED Lights
- 3.6 Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser, SZTROKIA 180ml Essential Oil Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with 3D 14 Color Changing Starburst LED lights
- 3.7 Nebulizing Pure Essential Oil Aromatherapy Diffuser With Touch Sensor Light Switch. Premium Home & Professional Use, No Heat, No Water, No Plastic – Dark Radiance 2.0 by Organic Aromas
- 3.8 Raindrop 2.0 Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser For Aromatherapy By Organic Aromas Light-colored Wood Base and Glass Reservoir With Touch Sensor Light Switch
- 3.9 doTERRA Petal Diffuser
- 4 Conclusion
Aromatherapy essential oil diffusers are small gadgets that diffuse or emit essential oil into the air. By this method of air purification, you can increase your energy, improve your overall health and sleep better. When we diffuse the aromatic vapours of essential oils into the atmosphere, not only do they smell great but they are also relaxing and healing. There are numerous essential oil diffusers available on the market. But which one is the best essential oil diffuser for your needs? Read on to know more.
Features of essential oil diffusers
If you’re shopping for an oil diffuser for the first time, you’ll be confused by the vast array of them. These devices vary greatly and so do their prices. Here are the features you should look out for:
- Airflow: Check on the airflow of the essential oil diffuser as it will help you see how much oil is being dispersed into the air to fetch you good health benefits.
- Timer and Auto Shut off: Safety features like the timer and auto shut off are also important. The timer is important as you can set the time for which you want to run the device; while the auto shut off facility is good because it avoids the machine from having a dry run. So, it will shut off automatically when the oil in the device is over.
- Area under diffusion: Each user of a diffuser has a different need for it. Some may want to use it over a small area, while others will want to cover a larger area like a living room. Different people have different requirement. Essential oil diffusers come in a number of capacities so that they can extend over large areas too. So, it is necessary that you decide your requirement for diffusion before you buy.
- Oil capacity: Check the oil capacity of the diffuser before purchasing as it is necessary that you have a large capacity to make it worthwhile and will save you from constantly refilling the device.
- Changing the oil easily: You should be able to change the oil easily in order to enjoy the aromas of different oils.
- Maintenance of the diffuser: Cleaning the device is as important as the other features, else it will not work smoothly. If dirt particles are lodged in it, it would be strenuous to use and you will not get the full benefit of it.
- Price: If you have checked your requirement and other features of an oil diffuser, price should be your last consideration. Normally, these devices are priced at below $100, so it’s well worth choosing one that will go a long way.
Types of essential diffusers
There are four main types of essential oil diffusers:
- Nebulizing diffusers: These work just like perfume atomizers. They are seen as the best form of an essential oil diffuser. Here, essential oil is placed in the environment as droplets. If used with timers, these diffusers will work economically as they will shut off when the timer goes off and so not waste any oil and its fragrance.
- Ultrasonic: These oil diffusers use electricity to make a disk like instrument emit a vibration which disperses micro-particles of essential oil into the air which causes a mist that is appropriate for aromatherapy.
- Evaporative oil diffusers: These diffusers are efficient when used over a small area rather than larger ones.
- Heat diffusers: These diffusers make essential oils evaporate quickly and so cannot get the most out of essential oils when used for aromatherapy. These diffusers are economical and silent when used, as compared to other types.
Which is the best essential oil diffuser? – Reviews of top 9 oil diffusers
This product is best used at the gym, office, bedroom or baby’s room for a maximum area of 200 sq. feet. It has auto shut off convenience and continuous diffusing for about six to seven hours. It also comes with seven color changing LED lights and four timer settings. This diffuser uses specific technology which brings about vibrations at a frequency of 2.4 million times per second breaks water. Its large capacity of 300 ml can continue to be used for a maximum of eight hours each time.
- Though the lights are bright, yet they don’t keep the user up.
- The mister suits a small bedroom.
- The mister works less efficiently as the client uses it.
- The manual does not explain the basic functions of the device and how to set it up.
This device is easy to set up. All you do is take it out of its box, add water with the measuring cup, pour a couple of drops of essential oil into it and close the lid. Turn on the device and let the diffuser start. It will switch off automatically when it runs out of water. By using this diffuser, you can get rid of stress, cough, cold and flu and can also sleep better.
The mood lighting of seven differently colored lights helps change and improve the user’s moods. When combined with essential oil, you can relax perfectly. For safety’s sake, this unit comes with an automatic shut-off valve when it’s out of water. So, you can pour in just enough water for the time you want it to work. Again, when it runs out of water, it will shut off.
- It is very easy to install and clean.
- It doesn’t burst into flames, so it cannot damage furniture.
- This device switches off automatically when empty.
- The seven colors of lights set the mood for the user with the oil.
- There isn’t a switch-off timer, though it switches off when empty of water.
- It isn’t portable because there’s no provision for it to work on batteries.
Made with high-grade wood grain plastic, this essential oil diffuser’s capacity is 200 ml. Its design is so space-efficient that it can well be used both at home and elsewhere. Although it is cheaper than its contemporaries, yet it lasts much longer than them.
Its installation is easy and it comes with two mist options and four timer options that you can use to customize your usage. To increase the romance in your room, it has seven mood lights of different colours. This device also works on auto shutoff function that works automatically when the water level is extremely low. It comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty and a 45-day money back guarantee.
- It’s a very good option for a small room.
- It has an endearing wood grain appearance.
- It has a longer warranty than other products.
- It has a short run time.
This aromatic diffuser has a coating of wood grain, giving it a very natural look. Its unique and compact design allows for easy removal of the cap and addition of water and essential oil. Its capacity for water is 300 ml and it can produce 30 ml of moisture every hour.
It can work for 10 hours continuously. It shuts off automatically when water dries up, ensuring safety. This unit works on ultrasonic technology with which it works silently. Its superfine mist softens and moistens dry and chapped skin and enables better breathing particularly while sleeping with the air conditioner on.
There are seven LED colors to choose from in two modes–changing and steady colors. Each of them can be dimmed and brightened. There are also four time-setting modes–1 hour/3 hours/6 hours/steady on.
- This device comes with three different sleep timers.
- It has cool and adjustable lights.
- It mists well.
- It has a robust construction.
- The lights of this device remain on even after the mist timer goes off.
This essential oil diffuser comes in a unique design with a wood finish. It adds a lot of fragrance to the room with its clean perfume. it will fill your space with lovely fragrance. It also works well as a decorative piece which you can have in your office, home, yoga room or hotel room.
This unit is conveniently designed to have four timer settings and two mist control settings, one for strong mist and another for weak. It can work for eight hours continuously to deliver strong mist and 12 hours for weak mist. It has an automatic shut off function in case the water level is low. Whatsmore, this diffuser comes with seven differently coloured LED lights that can either change as you go along or can be set on one colour. These lights can either be dimmed or brightened. These soft lights are both calming and romantic.
It works very silently with ultrasonic technology. It gives out a very fine mist that not only moisturizes the skin but also helps one breathe better. This diffuser’s capacity for water is 400 ml and it can produce 30ml of moisture per hour. It can work for 12 hours continuously.
- It is attractively designed. Though it is made of plastic it has a wood grain effect.
- It works very well as a nightlight too that’s not so bright that it keeps you awake.
- You can also dim or brighten the light, use alternating colors, or put out the light by holding the light button for a few seconds.
- When the water level gets too low, it shuts off automatically.
- It works silently.
- The product is so poorly engineered that when the ‘on’ button is pressed, it doesn’t mist nor does it light up.
- Within two weeks of buying the product, its inside broke and couldn’t be put back together.
This diffuser works with unique 3D effect, using 14 colour changes and two mist modes. The perfume is light and while the lights change softly, it adds to the calmness in the air. This essential oil diffuser can be operated manually with just two buttons.
It uses non-heat ultrasonic waves combined with the healing properties of essential oils. It gives off a steady mist in swirls, that fill the air with the essential oil of your choice. It works in two mist modes–strong and light. It can be used continuously for 30 second durations to relax, fight allergy, flu or cold and stress. It can also be gifted and is portable, so you can take it to your office, gym, baby or yoga room. It can also be used as a humidifier, night lamp or desk lamp.
- It isn’t just a diffuser that emits fragrances of your choice, but also a humidifier.
- It is cool to touch and has an automatic shut off switch for when the tank empties.
- Its 14 colour changes and 3 mist modes change the mood and helps relax the user.
- It can also be operated manually by just using two buttons.
- The product reached a user with a scratch.
- In less than a month, a user found the product making a strange noise.
- Another user complained that her diffuser didn’t whip up any vapour.
Here’s a premium class aromatherapy diffuser that’s not manufactured in China. You can use it to pamper yourself or to gift a friend. This also makes a wonderful asset to your home or office and works therapeutically across several disciplines.
It works efficiently and silently and has an attractive LED mood lighting feature that immediately changes the atmosphere and mood of your surroundings. Diffuses micro-particles of less than 5 microns for easy uptake by the human body This unit gives off pure essential oil and uses the highest quality of plantation hardwood, a sustainable material, and hand-blown glass. It works wonderfully well over a large area, more than 800 sq ft, and needs uses 110/220v to function. It comes with an electrical adapter for specific markets. This essential oil diffuser is used for its ability to calm one down, and to disinfect, heal and deodorize.
- This nebulizer works much better than a normal diffuser for therapeutic effects.
- It is also aesthetically appealing.
- It dispenses essential oil amazingly well.
- The light on the nightstand is really nice.
- There’s practically no mist output.
- One user found the unit making a loud sound while working.
This already popular model of essential oil diffuser comes to the market in 2017 with more control for users. It is now fitted with an inbuilt touch sensor light that gives the user better control to switch on or off the LED light with just a light finger swipe. It is made of hand-blown glass and plantation hardwood. Its elegant carousel of rainbow LED colours give the perfect mood lighting that can be turned off at any time.
It is extremely effective as it throws up beautiful fragrances into the air over a maximum area of 800 sq ft. It can also limit the amount of fragrance diffused into the air using precision volume control and a specially programmed auto shut off feature. It can be used for two minutes, then switched off for a minute and then it works for two hours and then automatically switches off. It runs on electricity (110v-220v) and the unit comes with an appropriate plug adaptor for the user’s specific market.
This unit is artistically created and is well equipped with an energy-efficient and a durable electric pump that works silently. This diffuser is used by massage specialists, certified aromatherapists and other medical professionals, apart from being used in hotels, and other private and public institutions.
- This diffuser has a robust construction and is ideal for aromatherapy.
- It gives off a strong mist of your choice of essential oils.
- It can be cleaned by just rubbing a little alcohol on it.
- The light doesn’t disturb the user’s sleep.
- Quick and efficient customer service is a boon.
- It comes with a year’s free complete parts and service warranty.
- Its intermittent mist doesn’t last even two hours, thus it is not cost-effective.
The doTERRA petal diffuser is small but user-friendly and delivers on its promise of health-promoting benefits to the user. Its superfine mist is relaxing and its soft white light makes it perfect for diffusion at night. This device comes with three settings for one hour, two hours and four hours, and it lets you customize the diffusion of essential oils into the surroundings. It also has optional LED lights.
This diffuser is convenient to use, light, stable, portable and perfect for use at home and at work. It gives off a superfine but thick mist, combining the therapeutic and aromatic benefits of doTerra essential oils. Whether you are using an essential oil diffuser for the first time or not, you will find this one easy to use and reliable.
- It is so easy to use. It works easily with two buttons–one for the timer and the other for the night light.
- It’s easy to clean–just wipe it with a cloth.
- Users love its shape.
- The size is ideal for a normal-sized bedroom.
- It is priced better than its competitors.
- It works only for four hours.
- Its life expectancy isn’t as high as high end diffusers.
- Not suited to areas bigger than 330 sq. ft.
- It suits a child’s room but not the living room.
If you want to relax with some fragrance wafting in the air, choose one of the best essential oil diffuser from amongst reviewed here. These are not just the best in the market but also affordably priced.