Although there are many humidifiers on the market, some brands stand out. These days, Vicks is also known for being one of the best manufacturers of humidifiers. The humidifiers Vicks makes are some of the best today. Their stunning features and exceptional quality have taken the market by storm. But in order to buy the best one for your needs you should read these Vicks humidifier reviews.
Features of Vicks humidifiers
- They can be used over large areas.
- They release a large amount of moisture.
- They are energy-efficient and do not need a lot of water to work well.
- It is easy to service these gadgets and replace their parts.
Vicks humidifier reviews
We have chosen the top 7 Vicks humidifiers available today so that you can have a wide variety to select from. Install it at home or at your workplace and get the most out of it.
For anyone living in a cold climate, this humidifier is perfect. Not only does it give off a warm spray that can eliminate a maximum of 96% bacteria while simultaneously converting water into steam, but it also creates a soothing and comfortable environment. It has a capacity of 3.8 litres (one gallon), can work comfortably for a maximum of 12 hours on one filling of water and shuts off automatically when the water level is very low or the tank is empty. This helps save an enormous amount of energy.
It works silently, has two comfort settings and a medicine cup that lets Vicks Vaposteam emit a soothing medicated vapour. It has a soft nightlight glow that lets you see your control settings in the dark. It can be carried conveniently and has a tank floor that drains entirely, so water does not stand in it. It does not need filters.
- Users have the luxury of choosing between two comfort settings.
- This unit emits a warm spray which increases the room temperature, making it comfortable.
- This device switches off automatically when it is empty, making it a better choice than its competitors.
- A medicine cup is integrated into the devices which can help inhale the steam.
- This humidifier does make a noise.
- If used in seasons other than winter, the spray can be very warm and uncomfortable.
The Vicks V790N Germ Free Humidifier works differently from other devices available in the market today. With the help of ultraviolet light, it destroys a maximum of 99.9% impurities, mould, spores and bacteria while boiling water in its heat chamber before the steam leaves the unit. It works excellently to keep the room humid and provides the required moisture level. It has two large water tanks. It can comfortably work overnight or for the most part of the day. It can also give out Vicks Vaposteam that can clear the nasal passages and the throat. It has a 7.6 litres (2 gallons) capacity and can work efficiently for 24 hours, depending on the humidity level wanted. It can easily cover large and medium spaces. It works quietly so light sleepers aren’t disturbed. This device has adjustable humidity controls with several output settings. Using this device, users can breathe better and sleep comfortably.
- The UV light helps destroy all kinds of bacteria, making it healthy to use.
- It is very quiet and works fast too.
- Its two tanks fit snugly into one’s kitchen sink, so you don’t need to climb into the bathtub for a refill.
- The mineral filter needs to be replaced every week.
- It is very space-consuming.
- It does not work well for people suffering with bronchospasm, allergies, asthma or sinus problems.
One of Vicks’ star performers, the Cool Mist Humidifier actually does produce a cool spray that dampens the indoor air and gets rid of cold and flu. By using Vicks VapoPads, the user gets a menthol-flavoured scent as part of the spray. This unit helps get rid of dry air by creating an ideal balance of moisture that helps you breathe and sleep better and remain comfortable for a maximum of 18 hours. It also filters out any impurities in the water and emits a soothing and pleasant spray that returns the required moisture to the dry air present. This unit can be operated on two settings–one for smaller rooms and the other for larger ones.
This filtered humidifier has a capacity of 3.8 litres (one gallon), which keeps the unit working for 18 hours!! It functions noiselessly and can be easily washed in the dishwasher. It comes with a three-year warranty and can be relied upon as a humidifier.
- The humidity level of this unit can easily be regulated.
- It purifies water of all minerals and other dangerous substances by using a special cartridge.
- Its menthol scent is soothing and comforting to patients with respiratory problems.
- It is ideal for areas not exceeding 500 square feet.
- It does not give off any white dust that ultrasonic humidifiers do.
- It works silently.
- This humidifier is bulky in design.
- Price-wise, it is quite steep.
- It needs frequent monitoring and cleaning.
Thoughtfully designed, the Vicks FilterFree Humidifier is amazing. This ultrasonic humidifier does not work with any filter and is therefore cost-efficient, but has two VapoPads that offer greater comfort and soothing. It works silently to produce a cool spray that offers temporary relief from cough and nasal congestion, thereby making breathing better and sleep more enjoyable. This device has a 4.5 litre tank (1.2 gallons) that can hold enough water to run for 30 hours.
It works noiselessly, has several humidity controls and its translucent tank has readable water levels. It is perfect for medium-sized rooms. It has a large tank that can easily be opened for convenient cleaning. This low maintenance and cool mist humidifier comes with a three-year warranty. It is easily portable and works efficiently on three settings. It has an auto shut off feature so that it is inoperational when the water level in the tank is low or is empty.
- It does not work on filters, thereby reducing operational costs.
- Its refilling procedure is easy.
- It has a large capacity of 4.5 litres.
- It is not built with sturdy materials and can therefore be easily broken.
- It is designed to work only with distilled water.
If you suffer from cough and nasal congestion, you can breathe and sleep better with the Vicks® Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier. Its soothing and cool spray is not just safe for kids, but is also a low maintenance device that needs no filters. It also works silently and is a compact and neat piece of engineering. It is also portable.
It can work for 10 hours continuously and has a capacity of 1.9 litres (1/2 gallon), several humidity controls and a translucent tank that monitors the water level quickly and easily. This unit also helps children sleep well, if they have difficulty sleeping due to respiratory problems, dry skin, etc. It does not work on filters but has an inbuilt scent pad heater that can be used with Vicks VapoPads. It works on auto shut off, so your device won’t burn out when it’s empty of water.
- This unit does not work on filters, so you will never have to buy it recurrently.
- It is easy to clean and maintain, and is portable.
- It comes with a range of humidity controls.
- It is not appropriate for large halls or rooms.
- It can’t work beyond 10 hours.
- It is fit only for a nursery or bedroom.
This product is one of the most popular humidifiers manufactured by Vicks. According to its promise, it gives out a cool spray which brings coolness to the air inside the house and helps get rid of flu and cold. It works with Vicks VapoPads which comes with its well-known menthol aroma in the spray.
The tank has a 3.8 litre (1 gallon) capacity that can be used continuously for 24 hours on just one filling of water. This evaporative system adjusts the output of spray to the amount of moisture that the atmosphere can hold at any given time. It has two speed settings and is perfect for medium-sized rooms. This unit is perfect for kids’ rooms because they do not cause burns and hence are safe in children’s rooms. It also works very silently, so would be good in a kid’s room, if he is bothered by the sound of a typical humidifier. It comes with a three-year warranty.
- It is a silent worker.
- Its display of stars is very soothing for children who can be lulled to sleep seeing them.
- The cool spray is also safe for kids.
- The filter needs to be flipped every couple of uses and changed every couple of months.
- Setting it up isn’t easy.
- Its tank is very small.
- Mist is dent out at the bottom of the device.
- It does not come with automatic shut-off.
This unit replaces the earlier Vicks V745 Warm Mist Humidifier. The present unit includes a scent pad slot so that it can conveniently be used with Vicks VapoPads or VapoSteam. It has two comfort settings and a 3.8 litre (one gallon) capacity. It has a large tank that can operate up to 24 hours per filling of water. It works on auto shut off so that the unit is not damaged when the water level is too low for operation.
It works noiselessly, so your sleep isn’t disturbed at night. Its carrying handle is convenient and makes for a comfortable and portable device. The tank floor is so designed that when the tank drains entirely, there’s no standing water. It also doubles up as a night light with a soft glow. The fact that it does not need any filters makes it a cost-effective device.
- The enclosed heating element is wonderful because it reduces any risk of burns.
- It comes with a small reservoir for essential oils.
- It’s efficient and effective.
- It does not encourage the spread of mould.
- Cleaning this unit is very easy.
- It takes a very long time to clean.
- One user complained that her unit lasted out only a couple of nights before it shut down after two hours of operation.
Now that you have a ringside view of the best Vicks humidifiers in the market, selecting one for your home or office shouldn’t be difficult.